The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) is planning to rebuild and repair the infrastructure on Highway 169 between Highway 55 and Highway 62. This will include:
- Closing the southbound exit and entrance ramps on Highway 169 at 16th Street and installing a visual barrier
- Improving the safety of entrance and exit ramps at Cedar Lake Road by lengthening the ramps
- Replacing the Highway 169 bridge between Bren Road and 7th Street (5th Street-Lincoln Drive exit)
- Repairing pavement between Highway 55 and Highway 62
- Repairing noise walls, replacing the concrete barrier and improving pedestrian accessibility at intersections throughout the corridor
These projects will improve driver safety and accessibility, and provide a smoother road surface and longer lasting bridge once completed.
November 2016 through fall 2017, weather permitting.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Andrew Lutaya, P.E.
MnDOT Project Manager