Crimes are defined by federal and state law, and in some instances, by City ordinances. Within various crimes, there are multiple levels of seriousness, including: felony, gross misdemeanor, misdemeanor and petty misdemeanor.
Crimes are also commonly placed into two groups:
- Crimes Against Persons (homicide and assault)
- Crimes Against Property (burglary and theft)
Each year, the Police Department compiles statistics for every crime that occurs within the City, as well as the various types of service calls to which it routinely responds, and the types of traffic citations that are issued.
- 2014-15 Crime Statistics [PDF]
- 2013-14 Crime Statistics [PDF]
- 2012-2013 Crime Statistics [PDF]
- 2011-2012 Crime Statistics [PDF]
- 2010-2011 Crime Statistics [PDF]
- 2007-2009 Crime Statistics [PDF]
For more information about crime statistics in Eden Prairie, call the Police Department Non-Emergency Line at 952-949-6200.