- Supervise children around fireworks at all times
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks. Never give fireworks to small children.
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
- Always have a bucket of water or a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Do not wear loose clothing while using fireworks.
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks.
- If a device does not go off, do not stand over it to investigate it. Put it out with water and dispose of it.
- Always read the directions and warning labels on fireworks.
- If a device is not marked with the contents, directions and a warning label, do not light it.