The Spirit of Eden Prairie Award recognizes significant investments and enhancements property owners have made that contribute to the overall vitality, accessibility and sustainability of the community.
Nomination criteria include improvements such as enhanced accessibility, exceptional landscaping, sustainable features, lighting, signage or exterior upgrades.
Three property categories are eligible for nomination:
- Single-Family Residential
- Multi-Family Residential
- Nominations may be made by persons on behalf of themselves or others
- Nominators are not required to be Eden Prairie residents
- Award recipients are selected by a group of resident volunteers in September
- If warranted, multiple properties may receive award recognition each year
- Both award recipients and their nominators are notified in October
- Award recipients receive formal recognition at a City Council meeting in November
Note: Award recipients receive a commemorative plaque or other prize of their choosing. There is no monetary award for the Spirit of Eden Prairie Award.
The deadline for 2016 nominations has passed.
For questions about the Spirit of Eden Prairie Award, contact Community Development Coordinator Marisa Bayer at 952-949-8332.